Screenskills will be launching their recruitment for their trainee finder scheme for 2023/24 on Monday 24th October 2022 and they will be hosting a Q&A to explain what it is, how it work and wether it might be the right programme for you.
Trainee Finder is ScreenSkills’ industry-respected entry-level programme which places trainees who have less than a year’s industry experience onto paid work placements with films and children’s/ high-end TV (HETV) series.
Screenskills are running an hour-long webinar for anyone thinking about anyone who wants to know more about the programme, will give you all the information that you need about how Trainee Finder supports trainees and what makes a great candidate. Onstage will be Film Trainee Finder Lead Celia Small, HETV Trainee Finder Outreach Manager Joanna Booth, as well as ScreenSkills Trainee Finder trainees – a mix of former and current trainees from a range of departments – who will share their first-hand experience of Trainee Finder and offer advice for people who want to apply as well as hints and tips for anyone just starting out. There will be plenty of time for Q&A, so come armed with all your questions!
To apply for Trainee Finder you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You need to be over the age of 18 years old
- You must live in the UK and have evidence of the right to work in the UK
- You must have completed full-time education by 31 March 2023– please note you do not need a university degree to apply
- You must have less than 12 months, of relevant, paid experience in their chosen department
- You need to demonstrate adequate research into the Trainee Finder programme
- You need to demonstrate an interest in and commitment to the chosen department
If you are interested in applying or are just thinking about getting into the industry, click here and select ‘book ticket’.