As with all industry sectors it’s been a tough year for the Film Industry. Production restarted safely a year ago, giving a much needed boost to our economic recovery and enabling cast and crew to get back to work, and the industry hasn’t looked back since! The desire for new content has never been greater and London has seen a sudden upsurge in filming. There is a plethora of opportunity out there currently, and for any new entrants entering the industry, now more than ever, there is a vast array of opportunities for those wishing to get a foot in the door. We’ve highlighted below several companies who are currently recruiting on new and exciting productions!
VARIOUS TRAINEE ROLES – WALT DISNEY STUDIOS
Northolt Based, ASAP start through to December
Camera – mid-Sept start through to end of Dec
Trainee assistant set decorator – end of July through end of Dec
Edit – ASAP start through to end of November
Post Production – mid/end July start through end of Nov
DIT – 19th July start through end Nov
For all of the above, they do not require prior experience in these areas, just a strong interest, dedication and commitment!
To apply for these roles, please send your CV to email@example.com with “DISNEY + THE ROLE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR + Your Name” in the subject matter by no later than 11th July 10 pm (and the sooner the better). In your email please mention your most relevant experience and why you’re a good candidate for this role, your background, and also include your LinkedIn profile link.
TEAM ASSISTANT – HOME TEAM PRODUCTIONS
An opportunity to join and grow within an exciting new Film & TV company. The Team Assistant will work closely with and report to the CO-CEOs. The role is predominantly administrative but there will be opportunities to be involved in the development, such as reading, reporting, watching films/TV/etc.
Being passionate and knowledgeable about film and television is a must. Ideally, the candidate will have an understanding of the industry. They must have at least 12 months of previous employment, preferably in a related field but this is not essential. A can-do attitude, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills are vital.
- Initially, the role will include helping to source, set-up and move into new premises for the company. Including the implementation of IT/telephone systems.Office admin as required, including maintaining databases and office resources, booking theatre tickets and meeting rooms, ordering books and films, fielding calls, and maintaining a high functioning work environment and office.
- Liaising with office suppliers, maintenance suppliers and cleaners and all other third parties necessary of the running of the office.
- Administrative support for the Co-CEOs.
- Assisting with the coordination of the various film festivals and overseeing the festival schedule for the development team.
- Providing ad hoc editorial support to the Development department (Assistant, Senior Development Exec) and both Co-CEO’s, and some input to the development process (reading, reporting, research where necessary), joining script meetings and calls where appropriate.
- Dealing with submission enquiries via phone and email.
Good all-round IT knowledge, including familiarity with word, excel, powerpoint, microsoft office, adobe and general office computer software.
Interest in social media and social media proficiency on Instagram, Twitter, etc
Ability to work unsupervised, exercising initiative and assessing priorities but referring issues upwards where appropriate.
Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
An enthusiasm and interest in popular entertainment. A passion for television, film, theatre and comedy
To apply please send a CV and covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9th July 2021. Let them know the EAN sent you and remember to cc us at email@example.com
VARIOUS ROLES – ‘DON’T TELL THE BRIDE’ CLIP SHOW
- Renegade Pictures are crewing up for a Catch-Up Clip Show series for ‘Don’t tell the bride’ and need people with proven skills and experience on fast-turnaround clip shows.
- x1 SERIES DIRECTOR/PRODUCER – will work closely with Exec, direct interviews and be across edits. Dates: from ASAP to w/c 2.Aug.
- x5 EDIT PRODUCERS – an opportunity to make 2 shows over a 4-week period. The 2-week edits start w/c 26.July and w/c 9.Aug.
- x5 EDITORS – 2-week edits per Ep. Dates: starting w/c 26.Jul and w/c 9.Aug.
- x1 PD – to create sync pulls of interviews and prep edits. Dates: w/c 19 & 26.Jul.
- x1 Co-ORDINATOR. Dates: 5 July to 13 Aug.
- 1x PRODUCTION SECRETARY. Dates: 12 July to 13 Aug.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, stating which role you’re applying for and the details of where you saw this advert. And remember to cc us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
IN HOUSE VFX CO-ORDINATOR – NETFLIX
One of Netflix’s VFX vendors is searching for an in house VFX Co-Ordinator. They are a wonderful team and have a great lineup this year of exciting TV/ Film and Documentary projects. They are open to applicants with an interest in VFX, to learn VFX coordinating. Experience in the Film / TV industry would be preferable. Any applicants with VFX experience either in Production, VFX assistant roles or other VFX work would be ideal but they are open to teaching new talent the ropes.
Dates would likely be as soon as possible and the location is based in London.
Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VFX Coordinator + Netflix + Your Name” in the subject matter by no later than the 11th July (and the sooner the better). In your email please mention your most relevant experience and why you’re a good candidate for this role, your background, and also include your LinkedIn profile link.
Good luck, and we’ll see you on set!