You must send in an application for all filming and photography requests in Newham - it will help us help you - sending in an application is free.
We do not charge small crews (5 people or under) for filming or photography on the street, when only using a camera, tripod and hand-held equipment only.
A guide to charges is listed below, so that you may budget accordingly. Location Fees are applicable for filming in Parks, Markets, Estates, Libraries and any council land (not public highway) and property. Location Fees will increase/decrease depending on requirements and impact.
Location Fees (daily charge)
A guide for Production Companies / Filmmakers - VAT applicable as standard
A Rate = Features/Commercials - £3,000 - £5,000
B Rate = TV Drama/Music Video - £1,500 - £3,000
C Rate = Small Scale: Stills/Docs/Other - Starts from £100 per hour (cast & crew under 10)
These are day rates based on 10 hours filming - 1 hour prep/strike either side.
Prep/strike days are charged at 50% of the agreed filming day fee.
Reductions available for student, community groups and charities based or living in the boroughs
Fees increase / decrease in correlation to impact / requirements to be representative of what is taking place.
Our location library is free to search, any confirmed booking at a privately owned location will be subject to a booking fee.
Street Filming (daily charge)
For crews of 6 and over an administration fee is charged - £75 + VAT
(Charity/Student discounted rate: £25 + VAT)
Filming from a moving vehicle - an administration fee is charged - £75 + VAT
(When Police outriders necessary - not charged on simple low loader or tracking vehicle filming)
Equipment on Highway (daily charge)
For any film equipment on the public highway other than a camera and tripod, charges are applicable, depending on requirements. A guide to charges are:
Full Day - £400 + VAT
Half Day - £200 + VAT
Hourly Rate - £50 + VAT
Hourly rate £100 + VAT
Not charged on
- Anything that falls within the Local Authority's duty of care
- A Film Officer is required to make arrangements for a production or be present on location
- When a shoot is subject to specific requirements and a Film Officer has to attend the shoot e.g. on a night shoot, to ensure compliance
- A Film Officer is called to the location to investigate a complaint and that complaint is found to be valid
- There is a breach of a filming licence / Code of Practice and the Film Officer has to investigate
- When the Film Officer has to clear up after a production e.g. by arranging a re-instatement, removing unit signs, clearing rubbish
- Site Visits
Late Application Admin Fee
£75 + VAT Processing late applications (under 24 hrs notice given)
Traffic Management Fees (Subject to approval):
£400 + VAT (daily charge per Traffic Management Plan)
Road Closure Fees (Subject to approval)
All road closures: £1,061
Cancellation of parking applications will be subject to cancellation fees - amount dependent on time frame.
If a shoot is cancelled it will be subject to cancellation fees for any work already carried out.