You must send in an application for all filming and photography requests in Newham - it will help us help you - sending in an application is free.
We do not charge small crews (under 10 people) for filming or photography on the street, when only using a camera, tripod and hand-held equipment only.
A guide to charges is listed below, so that you may budget accordingly. Location Fees are applicable for filming in Parks, Markets, Estates, Libraries and any council land (not public highway) and property. Location Fees will increase/decrease depending on requirements and impact.
A guide for Production Companies / Filmmakers - VAT applicable as standard
A Rate = Features/Commercials - £2,500 - £5,000
B Rate = TV Drama/Music Video - £1,500 - £2,500
C Rate = Small Scale: Stills/Docs/Other - Starts from £100 per hour (cast & crew under 10)
These are day rates based on 10 hours filming - 1 hour prep/strike
Prep/strike days are charged at 50% of the agreed filming day fee.
Reductions available for student, community groupd and charities based or living in the boroughs
Our location library is free to search, any confirmed booking at a privately owned location will be subject to a booking fee.
A one-off administration fee of £75 + VAT is charged for crews of 10 and over.
Charity/Student discounted rate: £25 + VAT
£100 per hour + VAT
Equipment on Highway
For any film equipment on the public highway other than a camera and tripod, charges are applicable, depending on requirements. A guide to charges are:
Full Day - £400
Half Day - £200
Hourly Rate - £50
Hourly rate £100+VAT
Not charged on
- Anything that falls within the Local Authority's duty of care
- A Film Officer is required to make arrangements for a production or be present on location
- When a shoot is subject to specific requirements and a Film Officer has to attend the shoot e.g. on a night shoot, to ensure compliance
- A Film Officer is called to the location to investigate a complaint and that complaint is found to be valid
- There is a breach of a filming licence / Code of Practice and the Film Officer has to investigate
- When the Film Officer has to clear up after a production e.g. by arranging a re-instatement, removing unit signs, clearing rubbish
- Processing Late Applications - under 24 hours notice given
Traffic Management Fees (Subject to approval):
All TM requires an order / notice in place - £1,030
Road Closure Fees (Subject to approval)
All road closures: £1,030
Cancellation of parking applications will be subject to cancellation fees - amount dependent on time frame.
If a shoot is cancelled it will be subject to cancellation fees for any work already carried out.